Tuesday, May 4, 2010

God's Into Pyrotechnics, Apparently.

The good governor is opposed to further regulation of the oil industry and offshore drilling. He was quoted as saying, "from time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented."

Governor Perry then said, "we don't know" what caused the explosion, sinking, and massive spilling of oil, and a little later he admitted that it was most likely due to "mechanical failure."

Huh.

I guess if you hang around and listen long enough, logic has a way of creeping back into the conversation. My question? Why open with God? Why even start there?

"DRILL, BABY!! DRILL!!"

5 comments:

  1. Heh. You are on fire this week (pun intended.)

    Fabulous cartoon, MV.

    I want to know why I am not recieving updates?! I signed up. I am following. WTF?

    Fookin' Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he starts with act of dog because he's whistling to his peeps and he knows they won't read past the third paragraph, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Act of dog"? Typo, dyslexia, or Freudian slip? Or "D) All of the above"?

    My Following thing isn't working? Why doesn't that surprise me? Blogger is a bit glitchy. I'll see what I can do.

    Any suggestions, Twink?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about the followy thing, I don't use them much - you have to look at your profile page to see who's done what. I'll try to follow and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anjha, did you follow publicly or privately? We'll see if this works for me. But now, I have a Lost ep to watch. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete